I can’t believe it. 2019 is rolling to a close. I hope you have each decided on a creative way to ring in the fresh 2020. Perhaps with a thankful list of all the little things that brought you joy, perhaps with a sigh of relief that some things are now behind you. Or perhaps like a certain sister-in-law, determined to do a Polar Bear Plunge on the first fresh new year morning with a leap into the salty Pacific. To each her own.
Taking a peek at my website, I can see that I tried a variety of new things this year and I want to encourage you to spread your own wings, too. It’s okay to knock on doors, just to see who opens them. Bring a couple of girlfriends along, in case it’s a trap full of Imperial Stormtroopers, but most of the time, it’s just a group of Ewoks and a Baby Yoda or two. (What if there’s more than one? EEK!)
Since you’re staying up past your bedtime tonight anyway, here’s the countdown of our Top Five Blogs of 2019 to read.
5. The Blues is about depression, what feels like, how it works, and that you are loved.
4. Eldercare Where? is about transitioning through our different life stages and giving particular thought to our elders’ circumstances.
3. Pie Giveaway Time! was a fun blog to run and I’m planning a lot of giveaways next year! Stay tuned!
2. Vaping, School, and Your Kid is as labeled and full of links and photos. Parenting is not for sissies.
1. Stalked by the Empty Nest was the opener for 2019 and contains all the emotions of change.
I wish you joy and courage. I hope you do hard things and grow stronger from them. I want you to carry your laughter into battle because we are all in this together and I need to hear your giggles beside me.
Love your people, lend a hand, nourish yourself with all good things. May your light rise and brightly glow into the new year.
I love your posts. Our landing here in lost city has been a bit hectic, but we look forward to being more involved in ecclesia activities this coming year and just being closer to our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Ahhhhem!!! Care to join me in the polar bear plunge??? Love you. Thanks for all the fun this year. Happy 2020 to you!
Such great words for the new year Jolie. Thanks for sharing and caring!!! XXOO
Happy New Year Jolie to you and the family. Hopefully I’m going forward with 2020 vision into this new one. It will certainly be a year of changes!